The town of Staffelberg is 539 meters above sea level. NHN high Zeugenberg in front of the Franconian Alb in the so-called God's Garden on the Upper Main. It is the local mountain of Bad Staffelstein in the Upper Franconian district of Lichtenfels. The name of the elevation is derived from the distinctive terrain levels ("seasons"), which give an insightful insight into the geological history of the Jurassic period. From the Neolithic Age (around 5000 BC) to the Roman Empire (around 350 to 420 AD), the mountain was populated several times. During the La Tène period, the Celtic oppidum Menosgada was on the high plateau of the Staffelberg. Today the Staffelbergklause with beer garden and the Adelgundis Chapel, built in 1653, are located there.